5 Key Points for Architects
UniMac® has been manufacturing commercial laundry equipment for over 50 years. By now, we know a thing or two about what it takes to cost effectively operate a laundry room. Through the years we have helped our customers to improve working conditions for laundry room staff, lower operating expenses in their department and increase cash flow for their company. Relax, you can count on UniMac to provide the expert solution for your particular challenge. That's why we're called the Laundry Experts.
1. Labor-Cost Savings
Did you know labor costs eat up 50 percent of your laundry dollar? Imagine the thousands of dollars you'd save if you could reduce, by even 30 minutes daily, the man-hours it takes to process laundry!
UniMac's UWTV Series Washer-Extractor transforms your dream into reality.
- Four Fast-Fill Water Valves (instead of the customary two) fill UWTV models much faster, shaving valuable minutes off every cycle.
- Extraction Speeds of up to 400 G-Force - that's 2—3 times the G's of most machines - aid UniMac's UWTV models in reducing the amount of moisture left in washloads. This greatly reduces drying time saving significantly on labor costs.
- Our Advanced Computer Control, UniLinc, accurately senses drain time completion, while precisely advancing to the next step in the wash cycle. Our smart drain saves time and money when compared with less expensive models, which have fixed drain times that may lengthen the total cycle time by several minutes.
- A spray rinse saves nearly three minutes on every rinse step. The spray rinse pulls water through linens, allowing water to drain immediately, rather than cycling through the time consuming fill, agitation and drain phases of the traditional bath rinse. This is one of UniMac's most impressive timesaving features.
- The Advanced Start feature gives you a 30-minute head start each day. By loading the washer and selecting the programmable delayed start cycle, your linens will be ready for the dryer immediately the next morning. This head start can save 30 minutes per day.
- The UWTV Washer-Extractor Models can be programmed with the shortest wash cycles in the industry. When the four fast-fill water valves are combined with rapid jetspray rinse, smart drain and our end of cycle rotation sensor, you will cut laundry operating time. And saving time will save you labor costs.
2. Utility-Cost Savings
Utility costs account for approximately 10 percent of your laundry dollar. By selecting on-premises laundry equipment with advanced features, utility costs can be controlled. If a typical laundry facility processes around 4000 cycles per year, even small savings per cycle will really add up. UniMac's UWTV washer-extractor series has the solution for controlling your utility costs.
Save 40 percent or more with our state-of-the-art frequency drive system. It saves money by gradually and efficiently ramping up to extraction speed. You'll also save electricity with our industry leading short cycle times created with our rapid jet spray rinse, four fast-fill water valves and smart drains.
Dryer time is shorter due to 400 G-Force super high extraction speeds. By operating your dryer less each day, you reduce your cost of energy by hundreds of dollars per year.
Large capacity cylinders help you reduce the number of wash cycles per day...per month...per year! These savings can be as much as 10 percent under competitor's models. Our 30 water settings allow for the programmable most efficient water use.
3. Value For Your Money
Cost and value are not synonymous. Often the lowest-priced laundry equipment ends up being the most expensive to own in terms of maintenance, performance and ease of use. One way of measuring a washer-extractor's value is to take a look at standard features.
UniMac is committed to providing you with the maximum value. Many of the features considered "add-ons" by our competitors are standard on our UWPV washer-extractors.
Important standard features such as:
- Temperature Controlled Fill
- Thermal Cool Down
- Overnight Soak
- Overflow Rinse
- Stainless Steel Construction
- Control monitors 100+ activities
- Polypropylene Chemical Supply Dispenser
- Maintenance Reminders
- Two Wash Speeds (TV Models)
4. Proven Performance
You want your decision to be a lasting one, so choose a washer-extractor that is durable and virtually maintenance-free, with a proven performance history. You won't find another washer-extractor with the durability and performance record of UniMac's UWTV series.
Our plate steel frame has been the industry model of strength and durability. Our frames are robotically welded, destructive-tested for maximum strength and made to handle vibration and unbalanced loads effortlessly. UW’s tall frames, the tallest in the industry, provide extra cart clearance and elevated drain height. They also offer proper ergonomics for the end user, reduced pad costs and increased plumbing flexibility. Our low maintenance automotive style poly-v belt drive provides high efficiency, dependability and smooth operation.
UniMac's expertise is the result of over 60 years as the leader in technological innovation. We've led the industry in developing technologically advanced solutions, such as microprocessor controls, frequency drive system, spray rinse, super-high G-force, two-speed wash, UniLinc® graphical control and TotalVue™ Powered by UniLinc laundry management tool.
We receive high marks from our customers and peers within the commercial laundry industry, and most would agree — UniMac is the industry leader because we've set the standards for quality with products guaranteed to lower cost and constructed to perform every time!
Our warranty is your insurance policy. We demonstrate our confidence in our UWTV's by giving you the best warranty in the industry. UniMac provides a five-year warranty on the frame, basket, shaft, bearings and seals if failure or breakage should occur during normal operation due to defects in material or workmanship. A full three-year warranty is also issued to the original purchaser on all other parts.