Driving efficiency and savings in the laundry requires a plan

In a time when doing more with less is ultra-important, employing strategies in your on-premises laundry to drive efficiency and savings are the fuel that power the motor.

Bill Brooks, director of customer solutions and business development for on-premises laundries for Alliance Laundry Systems, tackled that topic in a recent column for American Laundry News.

Brooks identified ideas such as staggering staff schedules and leveraging advanced features on new equipment to drive lower processing costs.

“Your laundry equipment should be kept running about 75% of the time with loading and unloading causing the machines to be idle the remaining 25% of the day,” Brooks writes. “To be able to measure that run time is important since it tells you if your laundry is operating efficiently.”

To read the full column, click here.

Categories: Other